There is no question that when we think of Santa Cruz, we immediately think of the beaches, of surfing and of the Boardwalk. This is not a bad thing…. We love beaches. But, there is so much more to Santa Cruz and so much more to enjoy! Here are just a few:
- The Redwoods! Lose yourself among the giants at Henry Cowell State Park or Big Basin
- The Santa Cruz Mountains! Into the country fast…..ranches, wonderful vistas to the West and East along country byways…but only minutes out of town
- The neighborhoods! Blocks of vintage homes, tree lined streets, quaint California bungalows, mid-century ranchers, pocket parks, neighborhood lending library stands
- Community Gardens! Pocket gardens where neighbors come together to grow and share their garden bounty
- UCSC Arboreteum! An absolute treasure
- Music, Music, Music! Great venues…The Rio, Civic Auditorium, Don Quixote’s, Kuumbwa, Santa Cruz Symphony…and so many more
- Art! Art in private gardens, along Pacific Avenue, on 41st Street, in park; First Fridays all around town and the Tannery Art Center; Open Studios annually showcasing artists all over Santa Cruz
- CountyFarms and Farmer Markets! An absolute plethora and cornucopia of local farm produce, meats and eggs. Buy at the Farmers Markets or visit the small family farms throughout the County…
- Wine and Vineyards! Great history of multi-generational family vineyards; newcomers bringing their passion to the local viniculture… and then there are those of us who enjoy the fruit of their laborSports! The Derby Girls, The Santa Cruz Warriors, Golf courses, world class 10K events
- Wildlife Preserves and Open Spaces!… Moore Creek, Arana Gulch, San Lorenzo Riverway, Elkhorn Slough, Pogonip
- Local Pride! Multigenerations carrying on family businesses, sharing their histories, solid in their Santa Cruz foundations.
- Wellness and Well being! Five Branches University, Land of the Medicine Buddha
- Museums! Museum of Art and History, Museum of Natural History, Capitola History Museum, Childrens Museum of Discovery, Mission Santa Cruz Museum
The weather is perfect! The days are longer! I am gonna get out and enjoy all that Santa Cruz has to offer… And, I will definitely be at the Friday night Bands on the Beach that goes June through August; and I will be walking West Cliff every chance I get ,watching the surfers at Steamers; Having fun at the Boardwalk and visiting the sea lion colonies that hang out under the Wharf. IT IS SUMMER IN SANTA CRUZ! See you around!!!!